Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2 Oil Level driving questions on 993... !

i am hoping that I did not .....virtually at the limit right now... ! :?

having it checked out tomorrow.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16937

While we are on the subject of oil, does anyone have any thoughts over which brand is best?

I have always been told to use Mobil 1 in my 964.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17007

My oil level gauge is always at minimum except when stopped and engine warm etc. Think they are a reasonable indication but it is always safest to check the dipstick - one issue though is that with mobil1 being so thin, its sometimes hard to determine the exact level.

As for oil brand, the OPC uses mobil1 and I've used this in all my previous cars too (used to get 40% off it too!)

Abdul, you mention a valve opening - does this sound like a buzzing upon startup (solenoid?) or is that something else.

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17009

JZ use GTX magnatech

Sundeep, sounds like you might have overfilled, this could cause excessive pressure and you could blow a pipe or even the cooler.

Check it out before you go out for a blast.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17010

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe-nee-g
Back