Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 ABS and PSM problem

Alessandro

Since the last week my 2001 996 C2 with 32K miles have a problem: when acelerating over 5.000 rpm the light PSM OFF and ABS OFF goes on and effectively the two systems are off. Stopping the engine and starting it again restet the situation untill the next strong aceleration. Any idea? Thanks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16867

Just back from the OPC where they charge me Euro 368,00 (£. 250,00) to change the DME (air control device) but the problem still remain and the test shows that the DME is still not working. The OPC do not have an other DME to put on (incredible!) so I paid for nothing. I really think to sell my 996 soon as this device (DME) is smaller then a sigarette box but cost more then 300 euro and they charge to me 48 euro just to put it on (takes about two minutes). Porsche really is far away from custumers satisfation and is always closer to Audi very poor quality. I will go for a Jaguar or BMW soon unless I will find a better OPC (if any) in Milan.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17108

The problem has been solved by a new DME (the previos one installed even new was not working). The total cost is Euro 368,50 including VAT and now the car seems ok.

I hope this suggestion will help somebody else if a similar problem arise (PSM and ASB off light on when over 5K rpm).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 17257

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back