Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The 993 finally, but then... NOW HOME !

Porsche

600 miles to go to Immelborn in SE Germany

and about 3 miles down the road and I get a flat !!!!!!!

AAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

somehow I dont think the space saver will work all the way to germany....

just hope I can get a punture repair 1st thing tomorrow morning on the TT's tyre.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16849

and I dont think that I want just a 'punture' repair when I'm blasting across the autobahn at 140mph !

so the added problem of 'finding' the matching Pirelli P-Zero Rosso sometime tomorrow !

NO FAIR !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16852

Did you make it? Hopefully by the time you read this you'd been driving your new baby!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16902

and back home.....

just short of 1800kms there and back in about 18hours of driving.. over 30hours

TT was fun on the way down...

but the 993 was more fun on the way back.....

first impressions.. compared from the perfectly designed TT.. the 993 is noisy, cramped, tiring & tricky to driving.. BUT LOVING IT ALL THE WAY !

love the engine noise.... it may not have the mid-range torque of a turbo charged TT (obviously) but it is much more fun to drop a few gogs !

only problem was the CD changed magazine it disappeared from the garage so I had to suffer with Germany Radio all the way back !

ALSO people do really check you out ! although its almost like they were on WWII attack patterns as they head towards for a closer look at 80mph on the autobahns....! (and some TOO close!)

so far.. best choice i've ever made

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16906

WHERE ARE THE PICTURES :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16909

"compared from the perfectly designed TT.. the 993 is noisy, cramped, tiring & tricky to driving"

Mate, can I have some of whatever drugs you are on please?? Comparing a Golf with a squashed roof to a supercar... that is a habit that will soon stop I think!

PS - time to change your signature and I look forward to those pics!!!

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16916

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by LOJO on 22 July 2004

whatever drugs you are on please?? Comparing a Golf with a squashed roof to a supercar... that is a habit that will soon stop I think!
aye !

I'll always have a soft spot for the TT :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16921

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back