Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What the 993 worth?

Josh Chambers

The time has come move on to bigger and better things and sadly the 993. Has to go.... why? well I fallen in love with the new Merc SL.

You guys seen to have your head screwed on so what it worth if I wanted to sell it, as I getting confusing messages from various people I talked to?

• 1996 P REG 993 C2's • 54,000 miles • Varioram engine, 285 bhp • Tiptronic • Metallic blue (Iris Blue) • Hard back leather electric seats • Turbo upgraded light kit • Sold with 17" Cup alloy however willing to upgrade to 18" turbo alloy's (optional extra) • Sunroof • Upgraded sports exhaust • Sound kit • Climate control air condition • Trip Computer • 10 stack Sony CD player • HPI Clear• 3rd Brake light • Porsche Alarm PA1000 and tracker • FSH (last service was @ Charles Ivey in Nov 03 (cost £2K plus) • Every bill, receipt, etc available • 12 month MOT • No track days • Private seller.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16583

£29995 IMO

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16598

Agreed if u want a quickish sale.

However if time is on ye side u could out for a couple grand more.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16602

Before you get rid of the porker for an SL i suggest you talk to or read Olivia's posts re an SL which she is now getting a full refund for and hopefully going back to her nearest OPC!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16611

Yeah, what model are you after? A SL500 will only be as fast as the 993 and the SL350 will be sloooooooow. Plus there are so many electronic things to go wrong.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16619

I had an SL 500 as a courtesy car when my 993 Turbo was in getting fixed. Initially I was impressed, especially with the quality of the interior materials and layout (but that's not saying much compared to a 993...).

Drove it for about 2 weeks, and yes, it's quick, quiet, easy to drive, but it's completely lacking in character. Everything is just too perfect and clinical I suppose.

As for the handling, it all goes a bit wobbly if you try a quick left-right combination. I was glad to get the Turbo back in the end.

Colin

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16645

The new MBenz SL.. my MUM drives one.... enough said :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16648

Thanks... Sundeep, I feel a lot better now. When is your 993 arriving??

Colin: maybe I should try it for another weekend to really get to know the car (SL500) before committing. This time without the wife's input!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16651

Josh, when are you thinking of selling? I could be interested...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16664

OK the 993 is offically up for sale... any offers?

25606-1.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16833

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Josh Chambers on 13 July 2004

Thanks... Sundeep, I feel a lot better now. When is your 993 arriving??

glad to help ! well you did ask..... :wink:

in her defence it's only a mere SL350...

but it is a very well designed 21st century car.. and ours seems to be built perfectly, contray to what you hear about the odd MB....

although saw 3 993's over the weekend all driven by women ! and then another one this time driving a Ferrari 355 !!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16834

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back