Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 spec'd but lots not available!

kudos..........Jesus Noony, do you go to bluecoats near reading hockey club?! Think if you sold the car on and the new owner had a bad accident and the Insurance company checked the ecu as many do to find undeclared modifications that nullify the Insurance policy you as the seller would be hunted down like a sex pest!

only upgrades to touch are alpina for bmw and ruf for porsche, and these still get hit with massive depreciation due to the niche markets they represent.

Simon please just get the damn 2s, all the car writers save chris harris( my fav so i'm gutted) say the car moves the boundaries a long long way forward, if your a normal driver like most of us this should be all the car you'll ever need.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16563

Dont worry Sarbs, deposit cheque is being posted tomorrow.

Will be interested to hear what you think of yours without sports exhaust as the noise is very important to me. Would be fantastic if it sounded as good as the 3.2!

Simon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16564

No Reading School in the town centre, we are far more intelligent than bluecoat! Check the league tables :wink:

Sarbs it was just hypothetical, of course you would tell the seller really. There are sooo many options in this price range it's quite hard to decide which one to have.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16565

Nah it won't sound as good as the 3.2...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16566

Simon the best thng about my 996 4s was the sports exhaust, it was really awesome and the only option that was an utter must on my 997, in the reports i've read so far they say the engine note is fantastic above 5000 revs but very very civilised until then.

Noony i expect nothing less than a+++ for you my friend, i know your do well as your want a top job that can get you into the car of your dreams! (Gallardo or Stradale?)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16567

Noony, the 320d is my daily driver now. Have succumbed to diesel along with half the rest of the world by the look of things. It is very nice to drive though actually. Bought brand new so will be my daily driver for a longgg time yet.

997 might be a few colours, but orange will definitely not be one of them! I think one of the nicest colours Ive seen a 993 in is the polar silver. Might special order that if none of the standard colours appealed.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16568

ps my friend goes to estoril for a 3 days at the track next week for porsche, to drive the 997's for the first time, he will tell me what he thinks about the my main areas of concern, sound of the exhaust and the size of the hips, nerver really like the normal 996, found the 993 far easier on the eye until the 4s came.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16569

Let me know what your mate thinks then Sarbs please.

Anyway, exhaust might be an option by the time I spec mine!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16570

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sarbs on 08 July 2004

Noony i expect nothing less than a+++ for you my friend, i know your do well as your want a top job that can get you into the car of your dreams! (Gallardo or Stradale?)
just got the best possible sats results but I think GCSEs will be harder

Gallardo-yes; it's seemingly good value and if I had 120k this is the car I would buy. Apparently daily driveable and much more special than a 996 turbo. If they depreciate like crazy we might get one at some stage but we can't afford one at the moment.

Stradale-nah; £140k! not much torque, too loud for most trackdays, ceramic brakes and F1 box. F40s aren't much more. Looks nice tho.

Sold any cars yet? Let me know when you want to sell your first C2S

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16589

Noony good man with the sats, dont get over confident, keep working hard my friend!

Sold 645ci cab 2 months back and a 645ci coupe yesterday, Got my first 2 cooper s cabs hopefully coming before the end of the month, and 2 slk 350's coming in august so things are shaping up nicely, cant sell the 997 on at a profit though as I have an agreement with my dealer, especially if I get the 'proper spec' spec one in march. I really want jay jay's V8 vantage slot! I turned my nose up at them 2 years back spoke to lancaster reading today and they are quoting 2007 delivery! gutted! Currently trying to part ex a launch amg55slk slot and 3k for an early Vantage slot!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16593

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Luke R on 06 July 2004

ive seen that the second 'wave' of options will be available by around march.

do you know what colours are available on the first units?
Solid: Black, Carrara White, Guards Red, Speed Yellow Metallic: Carmon Red, Atlas Grey, Midnight Blue, Dark Teal, Lapis Blue, Arctic Silver, Seal Gray, Basalt Black Special Metallic: Forest Green, Cobalt Blue, Slate Grey, GT Silver, Dark Olive. Metallic costs £543 inc VAT Special Metallic costs £1522 inc VAT

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16595

Hey robut dont mess with a man who's deprived of his basic needs!

Have you still got your 4s?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16597

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Tim Dadswell on 09 July 2004

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Luke R on 06 July 2004

ive seen that the second 'wave' of options will be available by around march.

do you know what colours are available on the first units?
Guards Red
Are you sure? I heard for the time being at least, guards red was a colour to sample!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16599

Noony, GCSE's are easy mate, I'm sure you'll walk them.

Tim D, are you sure all these colours are available from the outset, I have my doubts. Atlas Grey or Olive Green would be nice.

Sarbs, word on the street is that exhaust note is much more 'vocal' than the 996. I think it's closer to the PSE than standard 996 sound. Hope this is true as no PSE for us.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16729

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back