Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Service Record

Kai Smith

I am considering buying 1995 993 C2 Tiptronic. It is LHD (I live in Geneva). The seller is a genuine porsche enthusiast. I have a concern with the service record. It has been serviced 1995 - 1998 by Main dealer (No problem).

After this time, it only received a service every 2 years. It was only covering 10.000 Km per year. My concern is that I thought that Porsches need a service every year, regardless of mileage.

Do you think that every 2 years/20.000 km okay?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16209

10000km between services.

This is not unusual on low km cars, the ideal of course would be to service annually but low use cars often have a stretched period. I can understand why.

If it were me, selling or buying as a dealer I would be happy as long as the condition of the car is good and genuine.

Better that than a poor example serviced every year.

Adrian Crawford.
www.911secrets.com
www.performance2and4.co.uk

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16221

Kai

I found the same when I lived in Zurich. Cars for sale were either 2nd or 3rd cars and therefore had a killerometerage of 3k a year or main car whilstling back and forth bewteen switzerland and germany with 260k on a 5 year old. Not sure about Geneva but most folks up north who could afford a porsche had the usual underground garages and stuff and therefore service intervals would be sporadic if it was a three car owner switching his plates between the three depending on season and weather. As Adrian said, better than a regularly serviced poor example.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16228

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back