Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Removing heavy oxidation...???

84carrera

Hi everyone, I have just purchased an 84 Carrera in Guards Red. Its a wonderfull car but suffers from heavy oxidation. I am going to take it to a professional detailer to get the oxidation removed and paint cleaned(dont want to take any chances ruining the paint myself). After though I was thinking about applying some Zaino products but have not read much about the Z-3 polish which I beleive is made for non clear coated paint. Anyone out there use Zaino products on there older Porsches??? Would love to hear any recomendations on other products too or people who have dealt with the same problem of heavy oxidation etc... Thanks!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16044

use Zymol, llem klay bar, hd-cleanse and wax, my mates 964 suffers as well and this helps. Nothing except new paint will totally cure it, but if you keep Zmymolling it will look good.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 16050

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back