Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stalled the Started

Michael Esposito

Hello Everyone, I am new to the Porsche world. Former Ferrari owner who could not take the madness anymore!!!

I purchased a 1999 996 C2 Coupe tiptronic with 29000 miles on it. Today I filled the car up with gas for the first time and the tempature outside was in the 90 degree range with high humidity about 100%. I took out my brother-Inlaw for a spin, drove it rather hard for about 10 minutes Air Condition was on! We got back to the house I shut it down and about 3 hours later my wife and I get in it to go home and when I started it up for about 3 seconds it sputtered then it stalled."Common in the Ferrari" I turned the ignition off then tried to restart it and it cranked right up. I noticed since I have had it 6 days now it idles a little rough at 800rpm. I never had this happen to me since I have had the car. It has a brand new battery. Is this common for Porsche cars or do I need to have it checked out? So far I have put over 100 miles on it and I have to say Mr. Ferrari will not see me for a long while and I am loving every minute of it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15891

Have it checked, could be anything - heat - fuel pump pressure - senders - needs new plugs - airflow meter - idle mixture setting; my 993 starts first turn and idles smoothly at 800 rpm but gets a little rough when the plugs need changing..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15895

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back