Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Turbo - Discount

John Careza

Having enjoyed a Carrera 4S over the past 3 years (993) I'm looking to purchase a new 996 Turbo or possibly a Lamborghini Gallardo. On the Porsche front I'm aware there are 33 official dealerships in the UK but does anyone know of any that are flexible on price, offer discounts or are highly customer focused?

My historic experience of Porsche is that they are rather arrogant when it comes to selling. No discounts. No Incentives provided and I was once told "If you don't buy it sir someone else will, so we do not need to provide any discounts.

Has anybody had any joy in receiving any forms of discount from a Porsche Dealership or could provide an insight into a recommended dealer?

John

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15228

Why a brand new one? You can get a used one for 60k(half the price of the gallardo). To be honest with you, if you are able to afford a gallardo I would get that rather than the 996 turbo...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15233

Noony

Because the 996 Turbo is the best every day sports car out there.

When your old enough to understand that it also matters how a car drives rather than how it looks, then you may understand. :)

Sean

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15245

...but to answer John's original question....

I notice that you live in London John. I found that all of the London / Surrey dealers had a far more arrogant attitude to the dirty word "discount" than others in slightly less affluent areas.

I visited several dealers when sourcing my car (which was a nearly new 996) and I found that once I got outside the commuter belt they were far happier to talk deals. This may be coincidence, but I have also found this with BMW dealers too.

I ended up comparing some very similar spec cars (all their demonstrators seemed to come up at the same time when the reg prefix changed) and found Silverstone Porsche (Robin Simpson) far happier to talk deals than the London boys. I also had promising conversations with Glenvarigills in Scotland, but it was getting a bit far to travel.

I should say that none of them were giving much away, but I felt that some of them actaully wanted the business, whereas others clearly didn't need it.

I have also been impressed with the after sales, so again, maybe the same rules apply.

Best of luck, (and stick with the Porsche if you want to use it every day!)

Steve

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15284

I know where you can get a RHD gallardo for sept your spec, for 18k under list. If you go for the turbo I hope you plan to keep it a long time, short term ownership is not a clever financial move!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15285

Sarbs, is your dealer a charity also? 18k under list?!

Steve good post. Any pics of your car? Might bring back fond memories for Sarbs.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15286

A broker sources them form europe, deposits etc go directly to lambo dealer, car still gets the two year warranty etc. Was very serious about this route, I know many people are still duboius when it comes to imports, but as long as its a uk spec car there really is no reason to worry, especially if you intend to keep the car for some time. I got quote for an imported stradale of £108k but decided not to get one till I retire.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15300

When do you plan to retire?

John, this could be a good way of saving money on a new 996 turbo/gallardo! Saw a black gallardo today, very nice.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15309

35 is when a footballer gets his pension, 4 years and counting!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15314

Have you scored this season?

(sorry to go OT)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15321

Yes only 8, not played well this season and mainly on the left wing.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15322

Hi Sarbs,

Could you please let me know where you got those quotes for the Gallardo and Stradale.

My dealer has let me down, so i'm now exploring other avenues to source the vehicle.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15466

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back