Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 buyers guide

rayM

Morning all

I was looking at the "911 & porsche world" magazine site and see that the Jan 04 editions has a 993 buyers guide.

As anyone read this as I would like to know if this is the same guide that was in the Nov 01 edition or is it better, been updated etc etc.

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14926

Ray,

If you look on Renlist, I recall someone had posted a copy of it in pdf format.

Obviously its only for evaluation purposes and legally from a copyright perspective I need to advise you that you should purchase the copy once your happy it contains the required content :wink:

Paul

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14927

Morning RayM,

It is an improved version of the earlier guide. Better still is the 993 buyers guide written by the same person as the mag guide - can remeber his name - is it Peter Morgan ?

Good luck in your search for a car !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14928

Paul

I have had a good look through Renlist and done a search, but I can't find it.

Any ideas

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14930

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by warren mcbride on 19 April 2004

Morning RayM,

It is an improved version of the earlier guide. Better still is the 993 buyers guide written by the same person as the mag guide - can remeber his name - is it Peter Morgan ?

Good luck in your search for a car !
Yes, it's by Peter Morgan. Useful, though I would have hoped for colour pix...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14931

Ray

I've recently purchased my first 993 and can recommend Peter Morgans 'Ultimate Buyer's Guide - 993' as a good overview/starting point, see his website
www.petermorgan.org.uk
for more information (no affiliation etc). The guide contains far more information than is contaied in the mag article, but as someone has already mentioned only has black and white pictures. Better still IMHO is the '911 secrets revealed' 993 guide by Adrian Crawford which went into much more detail and I personally found the 993 one really useful when viewing cars (again - no affiliation etc) see the buyers guide link to the left for more info.

Jon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14933

Ray,

Just had a look on Rennlist, but it looks like someone replied to your post with a copy of the file....

enjoy :)

postamble();

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14935

Hi Ray

The buyers guide in 911 & Porsche Jan 04 gave a very good report. I cannot compare with the Jan 01 report as I did not see that. Much of the 04 report is very similar to and perhaps taken from the following publication.

Ultimate Buyers Guide

Porsche 911

Carrera(993)

1993 to 1998

By Peter Morgan

A copy of this book can be obtained from him direct via his web site
www.petermorgan.org.uk
cost about £9 and worth every penny.

There are a couple of web sites I found via this forum that give very good information.See Adrian Crawford mentioned above.

Try also
www.p-car.com
all about 993's

There was also a good guide published in GT Purely Porsche November 2002

And another Report on the 993 2S in GT Purely Porsche Sept 2002

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14937

Thanks again for all the info guys.

As you said Paul, someone has given me the link and I have down loaded.

I think the article is more comprehensive than the one published in Nov 01.

I can see that I have a lot of homework to do

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14963

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back