Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Targa wheels - cleaning the bolt heads

Used Porsche

Banned
How to get them clean - all those split rim bolts in their little holes?

Get a brush golf tee - its a tee where the ball sits on a little brush with bristles about half an inch long - spray a little Mr Sheen on the brush and put the bit that normally goes in the ground into a portable drill!

Works a treat - and cleans both the bolt heads and the hole they sit in.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14791

I have the same wheels but I use wonder wheels, the product comes with a small brush and the pack lasts ages.

Paul........

993 - 97 Targa

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14894

I have had some problems with the roof making a noise, first it was wind noise, I then had it adjusted and the wind noise went but was replaced by some terrible noises which were rubber to rubber noises as well as some terrible creaks. I took the car to PCT this week and they had it for the day. They called me about half an hour after me dropping it off and told me it was very loose, the dealer who tried to fix it had made it loose, I was charged £116 (2 hours labour) by PCT and I am more than happy with the result the only problem now is I am noticing other rattles in the car.

Are you going to Cornbury house this weekend? if you are we can meet up?

Paul...... 97 - 993 Targa - Ocean Blue

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15063

No not going - I'm off on hols. My roof rattles at the front left where it meets the front lifting peice. Stops if you push up on the roof. stops completely if roof is open!

I think its a question of putting up with some noises or spending cash again and again as the temperature/rubber/felt pads/humidity changes over time.

I dont want to get to a replacement of rubbers and felts - there probably isnt a lot of experience doing this at the dealerships, as only a few were made.

Car is quieter with the standard 17 inch wheels.... less bump transmission to the body.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15065

Chaps

Been a while anyway but I'm still here.

My Targa roof rattles like a ^&&^%$ and of course stops when open. One thing I did do that cost little, but when the roof is closed, you can see two ribber strips along the length (one near the front, one just above the heated rear window, both of which are exposed to the elements. These cost about £12 or so from a dealer and are fairly easy to fit yourself. These made a difference as the older rubber perishes and thus gets sequaky. It did not solve the issue but made it a lot better so would be worth trying. There is also a knack to doing the rear one which I cana dvise if you are going to change them.

Good luck...

By the way, as I'm back in F1 full time again now, anyone going to any of the races let me know and I might be able to give you a pit tour on a quiet day! How's that for an offer....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15107

I spoke with a chap with a targa yesterday at cornbury house and he recomends a rubber to glass lube. Holts make one and I picked it up at a local auto store today. It has made the squeeks / rattles reduce as well as my windows by spraying it onto a rag then over the rubber seals.

Paul.......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15166

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back