Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

CD Charger for 2001 996

Alessandro

I got a second hand 2001 996 C2 cabrio with the PCM, radio, sat nav, telephone, cassette, but without the CD Charger.

I phoned Porsche and they told me that with "only" Euro 800.00 £ 528.00 they can install the unit in my car.

Does anybody knows a way to get such part with a better price (it is not a problem to install it by myself).

I have realized that there are two different models depends of the year (my car is a 2001 sold in Germany and then exported so I think I need a serial reference to get the right unit to install).

Many thanks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14581

Most original Porsche head units of this era are made by Becker for Porsche. So a Becker CD changer would be a drop-in replacement at a substantially lower price than a Porsche branded changer from a Porsche dealer. You should also try web retailers like
http://www.add-a-cdchanger.co.uk/index.html
and
http://www.dealtime.co.uk/xPC-Becker_Silverstone_7860
which offer replacement changers for factory head units.

Good luck in your search.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14585

Probably a silly question but how I can see the manufactor of the head units in my car?

In the front is only marked with PCM signs. Is any software command to get the radio model and info or have I to open it and (assuming) get the info from a label in the rear of the unit?

Thanks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14590

I bought a Becker Silverstone 6 CD for £220+VAT. As far as I can tell it is exactly the same as Porsche OE for double the price. Fitted in 5 minutes if the loom is already in the car. Works perfectly with the existing head unit. All fittings come with unit.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14592

Thanks very much. I just got an offer for Euro 300.00 VAT inclusive (£ 198.00) for a Becker Silverstone 6CD. Thanks to all for help.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14639

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back