Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

More 993 tyre stuff

Toby Armfield

Need new rears for my 993 - 265/35/18 - pretty much decided on Pirelli P zero assims from mytyres.co.uk

Anyone know anywhere recomenede for fitting only or anywhere that can supply and fit for around that price or better - pref east london or south east london/kent areas?

Cheers guys!

Details from mytyres.co.uk:

P ZERO ROSSO Asimmetrico 265/35 R18 93ZR N4

The P Zero System is Pirellis top of the range low profile radial tyre system for cars capable of 240 kmh and above (Z rated).The tyre is unique in that the P Zero System offers the worlds first individually matched directional and asymmetric tyres designed for use together or separately according to the type of car, usage conditions and driving styles.

With us only
only £

[/i:aKxHjZQS2N]

Postage and packing costs are included in the price!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14556

Try Chessington Tyres (they're on Google). Top value in my experience.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14557

That a very good price - don't know what you will pay for fitting. I use the same tyre and very pleased other than the price.
nopopups();
//-->

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14558

Manek:

Bit far too travel on a shirt button - i mean space saver!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14564

Could someone explain what it is about our cars that require such care and attention for fitting new tyres - ie why not just use the local tyre fitter ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14572

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by mortod on 31 March 2004

Could someone explain what it is about our cars that require such care and attention for fitting new tyres - ie why not just use the local tyre fitter ?
It's a good question. If you know and have faith in your local tyre fitting shop, you might as well use them. When I lived in London I got to know the guys at the local National Tyres outlet place quite well -- the car I had at the time possessed an even more voracious appetite for tyres than the 993 (or was that just the track days?). Anyway, the knew I was particular and didn't (appear to) mind my watching how they worked.

I think the main thing is that they often don't take enough care over not damaging or over-tightening alloy wheels, and the prices are generally pretty poor -- though I've found that most will dicker.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14588

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back