Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rust Bubbles

John Croger

Ive got a few rust bubbles in the trim around both of the rear side windows of my ´95 993. Reading the earlier thread started by Gatekeeper I see its not an uncommon problem.

Ive just been told by Nottingham Porsche that this is not covered by the 10 year corrosion warranty...???

I was wondering if you had any better luck Gatekeeper? Does anyone know of an OPC that knows that rust bubbles are a form of corrosion?

Cheers, John

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14401

rusty bits...

I reckon you are refferring to the black anodised trim under the rear window, so its not part of the body structure and thats why Porsche arent interested under the terms of their body warranty. Its alloy so no big problem, you could get your paint shop to refinish, prob easier to buy two new trims, have a windscreen or paint shop man remove and replace windows and refit new trim.

Good luck.

Adrian Crawford.
www.911secrets.com
www.performance2and4.co.uk

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14468

Poon has this problem also. He couldn't get it fixed either. He uses tennis balls to stop the squeaking(??).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14471

mines the back window not the sides

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14487

Thanks for the replies,

It is the anodised trim under the windows, I´ll get some new ones fitted.

As for squeaks the only one Ive got is an occasional one from somewhere in the drivers door which usually goes away if I hit it with my elbow

Migration info. Legacy thread was 14538

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
b8n8tai
Back