Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 locked and battery flat - help!

Paul Grey

My 1997 993 C4S is locked and has a flat battery - lights left on all day. It's not responding to the key fob alarm remote. With no key access to the doors, how do I get in? If I could open the bonnet I could jump start it.
Any help will be very much appreciated.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13917

Yes, you should have key access to the driver's door at least?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13942

If you haven't got the kay, even if you can get in, you can't start the car!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13944

yeah don't i feel stupid.
i'd never realised that the black "buttons" on the door handles simply pop out to reveal the door lock keyhole. brain not switched on. car jump started fine.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13976

I have never heard of little black buttons covering the keyholes - maybe this is a feature for your market that we dont get. - my 993 has stainless steel key slots... sorry I was a little abrupt!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13978

on my 993 there is a bonnet pull wire with a loop on the end located under the front of the n/s/f wing, handy if you can't get into the bonnet via the normal pull.

Jason Bunyan

993 cab

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13979

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back