Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Turbo and "Sports" Exhausts?

Peter Baker

Hi All

Still being fairly new to 911-land I wanted to see if I have missed anything. Coming recently from TVR land I want a bit more noise! I've looked through the posting and found there appears to be less choice for the 996 turbo than standard 996s? I've seen some postings saying the Performance kit for the turbo (which the car has) already has the official Porsche sports exhaust?

What I can see is the MAXFLOW 996TT / X50 / GT2 exhaust system with 100 cell cats (http://www.design911.co.uk/index.htm) or the RSR Muffler (http://p-car.com/exhaust/). Are there any more options people have tried? I'm not interested in more power, just the sound, sad or what :)

Regards, Peter

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13544

hi peter cant really answer your question but i have one for you, how was TVR land and is it as bad as the news reporters tell us?

Cheers

Dave

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13547

Another person from berkshire, this is getting silly?!

I think fabspeed do an exhaust for the 996 turbo.

BTW this will also save a fair bit of weight aswell, as the stock mufflers are very heavy!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13548

Thanks for the replies, Had a look at the Fab Speed item and will see if there is anyone in the
UK
who can supply/fit them...

As for TVR land, well maybe I was lucky, but I had a Griffith 500 for 4 years and a Tuscan Red Rose for three years and I was only left by the side of the road once with a broken throttle cable - admittedly when calling TVR they did say "oh that problem, yes we know how to fix it..." Plus since making the change I have to say the 911 has some advantages, a seat for my 5 year old daughter in the back, it does not leak when I wash it and I can get out of my garage/drive with out having to shunt backwards and forwards due to a decent turning circle... I drove the car regularly even in the depths of winter, did the occasional track day, they are great cars!!! However when dealers return franchise to the factory saying "sorry you are too difficult to do business with" you have to think before you buy a third :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13553

Peter,

Enjoy the car!

I suggest you search the forums because there are many threads on this topic - the RSR Mufflers seem fair value and good quality at this site :
http://www.carnewal-europe.com/main.htm

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13556

Doesn't fit the 996 turbo :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13563

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back