Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 Turbo

964 tub2

I am currently looking to purchace a 964 Turbo (first test drive was on saturday - what a drive!!!).

I know they are rare but does anyone know any good places to look - will a buget of £22,000 find me a good one ?

Any owners please advise me.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13217

Hi, Not that i know too much about about 'em, but i think you will be hard pushed to find a left hand drive one at that, i guess 25's and above, its hard, i know, but i have been looking for a 964 C4 Cab, hopefully with a TIP box, but no luck.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13276

I think you should be able to find a 3.3 turbo in LHD for that - you might even get on for £18k to £20k if you look hard enough. RHD are a few thousand more and the 3.6 Turbo's are a few thousand more again.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13278

Thanks James,

Do you own one yourself - where would you start the looking process as they are far and few between - i'm in Kent ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13280

911virgin.com have one in at the moment in your price range, LHD though. LHD is not a problem in these cars by the way. Mine is LHD and I would never bother with a RHD as.

a) Useful price saving

b) They were designed as LHD and everything is in the right place this way round. RHD cars have the pedals offset to the left which can be uncomfortable for some people.

YMMV !

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13282

Hi jamie

i have checked on the web site, and appart from the hideous blue one, i cannot see anything else, unless you know something i dont :)

kinda been put off by the LHD models, but if the right one comes along ....why not eh?

sotiris

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13283

The nearest place to you is probably

http://www.pauldevyea.co.uk/

Haven't checked if they have any 964 Turbo's in though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13284

Hi there fellow Kent person

Paul hasnt any 964 turbo's at the moment but Oakhills do, but as Jamie said, LHD will be the key for your price range. This one looks a sight better colour than some of seen and unlike good old Henry, they tell you the mileage!! . Good luck

http://www.oakhills.co.uk/cars/stocklist.htm

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13289

LHD is no problem as I have a E30 M3 - Had a drive in the black one at 911virgin on saturday ! Far more power that I thought. Poss not as clean as I would like for the money though.

I will try Oakhill - They advertise location in Bromley, Kent but I think thaey are based in N. London ?

Anyone purchased from Oakhills ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13294

Bill bought my old 964 c2 cabriolet from them and from his observations, I think he found them ok. The service chap Joe used to look after the 964 when I owned it and he's a very amenable, friendly fella. Havent bought a car from them myself though

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13295

That guy is advertising his car as "£22k (ex VAT)". Who the hell advertises a car excluding VAT!!! Bizarre.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13303

Well spotted James -

A Private sale won't attract VAT - so ignore that (if it is private of course!)

LJ

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13304

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back