Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 stock vs M030 on UK B-roads

Paul Strong

After test driving a stock 2000 996 C4 last week I found the suspension firmer than I expected after hearing the 996 "has gone all soft" from magazines and a friend. However I'm intrigued by the M030 suspension option. Unfortunately I can't find any comparison of the stock 996 suspension (pre-facelift) with the M030 on our lovely rough, potted and bumpy B-roads or unclassified back roads. Can anyone offer any experiences of the ride quality of the M030 on these challenging roads?

Thanks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13204

No. :)

A lot of the faux GT3s you see have sports suspension and other sport related stuff like exhaust. Might want to look for one of those.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13223

Bear in mind, though, that those sport suspension, exhaust, wheel etc mods push your Insurance up, possibly past the level a GT3 would have been in the first place. Insurance companies are annoying like that ;)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13236

The Insurance for mods is what I was struggling with until I found that Norwich Union Direct are pretty good for all the GT3-style mods (see my post yesterday in General Porsche Chatter section), although if I find a car with them all on I'll be getting it in writing that 18" wheels, M030, PSE and GT3 aerokit are indeed covered for only 15% more than stock, which is what they've quoted me. Sounds too good to be true.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13238

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back