Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Erect Rear Spoiler! (993)

Dunc

Has anyone ever had their spoiler stay up? Can anyone suggest a cause? The warning light is not on and it wont go down manually.

I have been messing around in the engine bay changing the alternator out and may have knocked something - any ideas welcome. I haven't had a chance for a proper look since darkness has come.

Why is it that when you fix one thing, something else decides to go tats up!!

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12554

You've probably loosened the block connector that supplys the power!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12556

Was it up when you replaced the alternator?

If it has gone up since then the block should be ok - the fuse may have gone?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12559

the engine vibration can knock the block loose, this used to happen on my 964 regularly until I used cable ties to fasten securely.

The Drive gear could have seized or the cable could have snapped, the latter is usually a sympton of the first, this also happened on my 964, not a problem on my 993 though!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12560

Phew! Seems to be ok today, a daylight feel around showed up a loose block on the power supply cable which I must have disturbed doing the other job. The spoiler then went down using the rocker switch.

Going out for a blast now to see if it goes up and down when it should and give the battery a good charging.

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12565

well done Me!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12578

Excellent diagnosis Dr Poon, you are becoming somewhat of an erection problem consultant!!

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12592

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back