Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

CD changer in 993

Toby Armfield

Has anyone fitted a cd changer in a 993 - if so where did you feed the control cables through into the front space and waht can they be mounted on - i didnt think drilling holes in the fuel tank for the mounting brackets was a very good idea?!?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12511

Toby

Plenty of areas to feed the cable through the bulkhead - when you take the carpet out you'll see them, but if you like I can find out exactly where they did mine. As for mounting it, the front panel (the one that has the three clips holding it vertical at the very front of the car - my 12 disc changer is mounted there, so it's easy to get to and out of the way in the luggage space area. Then, the only holes you drill are in the board, not metal.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12512

I couldnt see anywhere obviuos to pass the cabels through - the fuel tank (Ithink) sits right in the middle of the luggage area, there are some nice holes coming out of the inside of the wings but i cant seem to see any where to pass the cable from inside the car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12513

I looked on the p-car diy pages and the hole they drill doesnt seem to make sense - from the picture insude the car it seems that the hole is drilled in the bulkhead just above the pedals that are just in the picture - they then seem to have a hole in the upper section of the bulkhead in the luggage space area?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12514

Toby

I'll have a look at mine and take a photo or two. My multi changer is loose in the spare wheel well. Ok for most part but get the odd skip when taking sleeping policemen at 50

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12515

Mine's in the wheel well too, having removed it from the luggage compartment where the OPC fitted it (drilling two holes in te metal to do so -- grrr).

Cables feed through a pre-drilled hole above the pedals which, I believe, is standard in all 993s. Toby, I'd remove the carpet and take a look there.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12519

Mine was fitted by OPC (not for me) and screwed through the inner steel wing on the offside through the carpeting. But even then it was loose, and made it bloody difficult to get at the spare wheel etc. Still, the head unit on my car, is also Minidisc (fitted when new also by same OPC), so I've binned the CD changer, and now just record my fave CD's onto minidisc and they're great cos they're so much smaller.

there's not really enough space anywhere, to make a 'proper' job is there?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12536

Done it - found the hole above the pedals (Chers manek!) - remove the grommet and pass the cables thru into the luggage space!

Bolted two 10 disc changers to the board (Thanks andy!) and coiled all the surplus cables into the spare wheel!

Think i also found mt tracker while installing!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12593

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back