Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Newish Toy.....LHD 964, Need info

German registered 1992, white, no sunroof or rear wiper! How do i tell U.K headlamps from continental ones, can I get new scale for speedo or new unit required ( for mot )? Manual in German, where can i get U.K copy, but need to know how to check oil, most dry sumped engines need to be running, does this apply? Also ! light needs reset on each start up, any ideas? ( All guages fine ) Gearbox now sorted (Synchro). ***** me... are tyres expensive!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12152

You should be able to order a uk manual from an OPC for a 964 still, my UK 993 manual has all left hand drive pictures in it - just english text!

You can get face stickers for the speedo to change them to mph but the trip clock will still be in km. There may be a speedo for sale still on pistonheads or e-bay for a 964.

Hope that helps

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12160

for your speedo, get hold of the '911&Porsche World magazine'... They always have loads of good seconds and new bits advertised...For oil checks, yes you need to have the engine running and at normal running temperature..The difference between the high and low level is 1.5 litres... Some will say that the oil level indicator (inside the car) is not the most acurate of beasts, i have always found mine to be spot on... Ignore any acurate reading before the engine is at normal temp..

Enjoy your 964.. Mine has been a dream..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12264

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back