Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

TechArt strut brace installation advice

Neil Gleghorn

Hi

I have just boght a TechArt strut brace for my 993 C4S.

Before I fit this has anyone got any tips? Especially interested in the torque settings for the nuts and how to make the best job of cutting the carpet!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12084

Neil welcome,

Nice to see you setting off down the slippery slope of mods!

Can't help with the torque settings suggest you email Tech Art. I have just had a front strut brace fitted by JZ and they fitted it underneath my carpet, so no need to cut it, however you can't see it!

What other mods does your C4S have?

Good luck.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12086

Just in case anyone is else is interested in the same information, Techart kindley sent me the instructions. anyone want them e-mail me.

Poon, I have just installed the strut brace, easy about 30minute and most of that was trying to make a good job of the carpet.

Next job, going to fit Fabspeed MaxFlo mufflers and air intake box, then have the ECU re-mapped at 9M.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12094

Hello

Can anybody offer an explanation as to the pro's and con's of fitting such a brace, as the desire to start modding my my C2S is becoming over whelming.

Jonathan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12098

The strut brace stiffens the chassis. It bolts onto the top of the stock front struts , the results, better and more precise cornering, reduction in front wheel scramble out of corners, overall he car feels a lot tighter.

Things to be aware of: make sure the geometry on your car is set up correctly before installation. There are several makes on the market I'm not sure on the pro's and cons of the individual manufacturers.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12100

Neil,

Nice to hear it was relatively simple, I got JZ to fit mine when they did my suspension, otherwise I would have broken out the Snap Ons.

I nearly went for the Fabs, but settled on the RSR's after chewing over it with the rennlisters.

How about posting a pic of your car, I'd like to see your aerokit as I also have a full aerokit.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12110

Thanks Neil

I am having a 4 wheel geometry set up done next week (at Camtune). Do u think that it would need to be redone after fitting a strut brace?

Can u give me any idea of the cost to buy one of these?

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12119

Jonathan

I was told that there was no need to re-set the geometry after fitting the strut brace. However, when you fit the brace, you need to find the "neutral" point where the brace is not putting any stress on the struts, then to half a turn ONLY in the direction that would push the struts apart, no more than this.

I bought my Techart brace from porscheshop paid £125 + vat.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 12124

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back