Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Over-sensitive 993 alarm sensors

John Ward

I had to keep re-setting my car's alarm system because it was making the lights flash every half-hour or so whilst it was parked last night - I think it was due to the strong winds. Does anyone know what I can do to stop this happening...maybe by making an adjustment to the alarm's sensitivity?

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11923

I've noticed that when my 993 is parked in sunshine, as we've been having recently, the ultrasonic sensors seem to occassionally trigger false alarms [it has the PA1000 unit fitted with two sensors mounted on the A pillar].

Anyone else had this problem? Anything that can be done about it [other than disabling the sensors when arming the alarm] - e.g. changing the position/direction of the sensors, changing their sensitivity etc?

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 15885

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back