Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Visit to OPC - 993recall

Dunc

Just back from the local OPC where I was having the car checked out for the wiring harness recall - which it needs. Turns out its about a 5hr job and the power steering, aircon and dizzy belts can all be changed out at the same time. Apparently, my car's aircon belt is new so the other two are getting changed at a cost of about £20 - not bad eh?

Remembered how dangerous 993 headlights are in the dark - I don't drive in the dark much so this morning was an eye opener!

Also saw a GT3 RS with red decals being readied for collection - looks superb in the flesh. Wasn't sure form magazine pics but really does look special

Saw a Cayenne as well, driver didn't wave.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11809

had my recall done the other day at opc e london - belts and sender changed plus a free valet!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11813

Feels good to get 5hrs labour out of them for free!! Plus I get a courtesy car to do a few long range errands which I've been avoiding.

OPC even washed my car the other morning - even though it was only in for a 15min inspection!

Will be the first time I can drive away from the garage happy in the knowledge that my bank account has not been hammered.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11836

Dunc,

have you considered the HID upgrade to the headlights from
http://www.hid-online.com
?

Here is a photo of my car halfway through the conversion. I highly recommend it!

hid_upgrade.jpg

Web link

Graham

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11853

Graham,

It says for off road use only, lucky you've got a 4 wheel drive :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11855

haha...

I'm not sure which law, if any, you are braking. I don't remember seeing anything in the MoT handbook about it but it might be in there somewhere. Does anyone know?

(Sorry to hijack original thread!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11856

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back