Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993?? For Fun Only

Darren J

Hi Chaps, came across this on my trawlling, its based on a 2.7
3523-2.jpg

what do you think!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11670

I don't think I'll ever understand why people bother doing conversions like that. I must admit it looks quite good in the pictures, but honestly would you buy it ? No, nor would I, and I doubt anyone else sensible would either !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11677

agreed, especially when the performance isn't up to the looks. It could be a good basis for a complete custom project with a twin turbo conversion, etc now that originality is no longer a concern!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11678

Shermans. They never quite get it do they?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11685

Would be very embarassing when he/she went up against a real 993 turbo.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11687

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by CT993 on 09 December 2003

We were at a Sales Conference is Miami a few months back, and we kept refering to them as "sceptic's", Just didn't have a clue what we were talking about!

:wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11689

Agreed to all comments, whats the point in taking a classic porsche and re-bodying it to something else. Obviuosly the americans must have some kind of market for this. The price must also dictate something as surely the 'donor' car must account for a large cost of the retail price. If not then the donor car musn't have been any good.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11705

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by JamesM on 09 December 2003

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by CT993 on 09 December 2003

We were at a Sales Conference is Miami a few months back, and we kept refering to them as "sceptic's", Just didn't have a clue what we were talking about!

:wink:

Surely you mean septic :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11708

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Darren J on 10 December 2003

Agreed to all comments, whats the point in taking a classic porsche and re-bodying it to something else. Obviuosly the americans must have some kind of market for this. The price must also dictate something as surely the 'donor' car must account for a large cost of the retail price. If not then the donor car musn't have been any good.
I know what you mean, look at this!

128788c-1.jpg

Wait sorry, that's an enzo!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11719

Not as nice as a Carrera GT...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11738

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69