Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Whistling noise coming from engine

Chris H

Having recently purchased a 1993 964, I was extremely happy with life until a few weeks later when I approached a corner doing a few click's faster than the weather would allow, and consequently became another Carrera 2 statistic... Ouch ! Left side damage, front and rear..

All has now been fixed and she is looking better than ever... Only problem I have now is a whistling noise coming from the engine when accelerating. It seems to come in at lower rev's and then dissapears as rev's go higher... Could it be a problem with one of the belts?

Any ideas?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11618

Can you fatten out your description a little. Whistling like in one of those old C&W records....... a kettle a train?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11622

Chris, did you ever get an answer/fix RE your 964?

I have the same thing (worse when cold), and when you accelerate it goes, only to come back into earshot when you stop/idle etc. Sounds to me like a rhythmic squeal/pitch - could be the belts????

Anyone???

Dan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38304

my drilled airbox whistles if that helps

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38307

I'm lost? its definitely a high pitched on/off squeal

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38310

Slipping belt? But then that might get worse the higher the engine speed. Check belt tightness everywhere.

Pulley bearing somewhere?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38311

I had some whistle noise from the engine when on idle a while ago, mainly when engine's cold.

I thnik there's a section in p-car.com about belt tensioner bearing or something. The noise stopped after a while so I never got to find out.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 38314

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back