Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just the lens or the whole lamp?

SIMBER

My 1979 911 SC is left hand drive and still has the original headlamps.

I know I will get pull at the MOT on them so I want to change them to UK spec.

but

Can I just change the lens?

or

do I have to change the whole head lamp unit?

Thanks,

Simber.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11595

Hi Simber,

You can get away with just changing the glass but its not ideal - the beams will not aim correctly. Best bet is to change them for UK RHD - its the only way you can get assymetric beams and the correct aim. (Later 993 lights are switchable from LHD to RHD, but this only makes the beam symetrical, so doesn't light up pedestrians, roadsigns etc.) You should be able to get 2nd hand headlamp units and then put new glass in which will be cheaper then buying the whole units new.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11609

I have two complete lamps brand new in boxes if you can collect from Hampshire - they dont have the headlamp raise / lower mechanism.

You can have them for a silly price!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11628

thanks for the offer Stevo but your a bit out the way and I won't be making any trips in the direction any time soon.

cheers any way

Simber.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11636

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back