Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Binding brakes

tobyholly

Does anyone else experience brakes binding even after overnight parking in garage?

Is there a solution eg parking in gear and not having the handbrake on?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11512

Yes, I find that. It doesn't bother me since previous cars I've had did it. I don't think it's a major problem...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11528

I've just started leaving the handbrake off and parking in gear becuase of exactly that reason.

Now just have to make sure I pop it back in neutral before turning the engine over and launching through the wall of my garage...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11643

Must admit I've always left my cars in gear when parking them purely for redundant systems reasons (if one system fails, the other will hold the car). Old habits die hard...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11682

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by manek on 09 December 2003

purely for redundant systems reasons
Manek,

You got too used to driving a Trevor ! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11684

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jamie Summers on 09 December 2003

You never get used to driving a Trevor coz you only take short runs to and from the mechanic !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11686

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by CT993 on 09 December 2003

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jamie Summers on 09 December 2003

You never get used to driving a Trevor coz you only take short runs to and from the mechanic !

Is that Trevor, the collectors car...ie you keep having to stop to collect bits that have fallen off?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11688

A Trevor might be a TVR, I don't know...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11692

Yes

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11693

Yes? :?

(are you just trying to catch up on posts? :wink: )

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11694

Noony - TVR is short for Trevor... TreVoR

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11695

Should be TeVoR!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11696

The point is that the guy who started TVR named it after himself. His name was Trevor something-or-other (I can't remember what).

At least this is what I have been led to believe. It could, of course, be an urban myth.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11697

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by James Ball on 09 December 2003
The point is that the guy who started TVR named it after himself. His name was Trevor something-or-other (I can't remember what).
At least this is what I have been led to believe. It could, of course, be an urban myth.
It's true I used to live near the factory years ago in Bispham near B'pool. Ionce made some blocks of wood that went inside the mirrors. Now that's what I call hand made.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11698

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back