Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

cigarette lighter light

foxiadam

hi all,

really petty question, but should my cigarette lighter have a light within so that you don't just stub it into the dashboard in hope?

if it does, how do i replace it? i trid gentle levering as per speedo etc. but it didn't seem too keen!

cheers,

adam

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11344

I think I'd pull the fuel/oil levels gauge out (the extreme left-hand one) and get at the cig lighter unit from behind. <

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11373

You need to rotate the metal body a quarter turn and it will free up. BUT the connector/bulb fitting is too big to come out - which I guess means the plastic bevel surround thingy also need to come out. Thats where I got stuck. Doesn't seem to twist. Couldn't pull it out. Anyone know?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11393

I was told by my OPC that the light is not meant to light up at all (thus meaning that it actually isn't a light!). If you'll pardon the language, mine has never glowed in the dark ever since I bought the car!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11396

Nor does mine - but i dont smoke anymore and have the B2 permanently plugged in!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11397

Chaps

Neither of mine have had a light in by the cigar lighter (one in Oz, one over here), and I asked the same question - there is no illumination apparently. If you look closely, the only where the light could come from is within as the outer edge is black plastic - hence when then lighter is in position, you wouldn't see it anyway...

Damn I'm good today!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11401

There is a light (on my car). I have seen it! But only illumination only visible when the lighter element is removed - to help you replace again it in the right place. The "knob" itself is not illuminated.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11411

Ohhhhhh *****! Wrong again...

Vic - if you find out how to do it, let me know as I always thought there wasn't one. Good to know - thanks...Andy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11413

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back