Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bonnet Gas Struts/ windscreen wiper

Wakey wakey thread!

I finally fitted my struts yesterday (at last) since it was warm-ish. Or at least, I fitted one which manages to keep the engine lid up on its own. On the right, it's easy: take out the airbox and filter, the whole operation takes - oh - 15 minutes, 20 if you're slow. on the left, you can't get at either the front or rear strut mounting points easily, especially the rear.

Since I didn't fancy getting stuck halfway through the job, I copped out and left it. Pathetic, no? But the car will need a service in the next month or so anyway and, if the lid stays up while replenishing the oil, that's good enough for the time being. I'll ask the lucky garage, whoever it turns out to be, to do it...

Meanwhile, the car's almost certainly going to get a set of Xenon HID headlamps sometime soon. I was thinking of buying the kit from either 9M or Autolamps Online. Thoughts, anyone?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13779

Xenon lamps are on the menu for my 993 as well - I'm not far from 9M, so I'm planning to get them to fit them too (my spanner wielding days are not so much over, as never began :oops: ). Not cheap though - £400 ish for the kit, then 3-4 hours labour, all + VAT, so I'm probably going to wait until after the summer when the nights start arriving earlier again and spend some spring money on go-faster bits & pieces :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13789

I'd like to get it done sooner rather than later, since there's still plenty of darkness to drive through at this time of year, as it were. Any other thoughts re supplier/fitter welcomed...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 13814

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back