Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 C4 Cab with 58k - too high?

GG

I've seen one of these for sale with a nice spec, full OPC history, and very tidy interior. Asking price is c. 38k - I was originally looking to spend more on the same car - but this seems to be reasonable value for money. Any thoughts? I plan to do a max 10k miles per year - but this is certainly higher mileage that I had originally bargained for.

With this sort of mileage, what work would you expect to have been carried out - e.g. clutch, brakes etc. I will looking through all the paperwork for the car tomorrow but could do with any pointers that you may have.

As ever - any help & advice would be very handy.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10913

996 with 58k..

You dont mention what year this is so I cant comment on value. In general terms a 996 or any 911 should still be good and strong at 58k. But I wonder why for a few grand more you dont take a low mile car. You could get a 98 with under 30kmiles for the same money , or an equally low mile 2000 for 4 k more.

Things to look for; its impossible to tell everything you should check in a few lines, but a few common things, rear main seal, varioram faults, low coolant, leaking rads, squeaking and rattling inside, accident damage of course. Hope this gives you a start.

Adrian Crawford. 911secrets.com performance2and4.co.uk

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10967

We got our 30,000 mile 99 C4 for less than that so...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11011

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back