Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Squeaking Noise on 993

Fran Hayes

080402help_prv.gif

Can anyone tell if the noise I have coming from somewhere around either the dash or windsreen is common and what I can do to get rid of it.

It sounds like a skeaking/rubbing noise and is there as soon as the car moves!

Please Help

Thanks

Frank

993C2S 97P

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10721

Sounds like the windscreen is rubbing against the rubber seal which is, I'm reliably informed, a known issue. Rennlisters say you should use silicone and squirt it in the gap between screen and rubber. I took my 993 to the OPC and for £70 they fitted a teflon tape that stopped the noise.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10722

i had the same problem in the back screen of my 993 - took out the beading strip, soaked the whole edge in 'chain wax' (a drying bike chain lube) and refitted beading. Problem solved for less than a fiver and going over bumps is no longer a pain in the ear! (tip from US 993 website).

Migration info. Legacy thread was 11517

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back