Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sticky Window

Waz2

Trainee
My passenger window keeps dropping out of its lifter when i lower the window, has anyone else had this problem? I have tried lubricating the guides, which was fine for a while, but now i can't lower the window without pushing it down at the same time.

I can't see anything wrong with it when i've had it in pieces, and there is very little resistance between the glass and the guides, should i buy new ones?

Waz

'80 911SC

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10662

Sounds like you might need a new motor, given that you have tried the lubricating trick.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10663

The motors fine, but i have to push down on the window to make sure the glass doesn't get left behind by the lifter. I think there's too much resistance between the glass and the guides. Should the lifter grip the bottom of the glass, i'm thinking as its corroded its not a tight enough fit to hold it in place. I'll investigate futher the next dry weekend.......

Waz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10700

I had this on an SC once a few years ago. It was the "lifter" that was knackered as it had almost rotted thru with rust. Replaced it and all was ok.

Try
http://www.douglasvalley.co.uk/
if you need new parts.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10706

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back