Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 creaky suspension

jamie sturges

Despite its low (11k) mileage, my MY02 996 has had numerous visits to the OPC to replace suspension bits, usually front strut top bearings, but including new drop links all round, new bushes, new lower wishbone! Has anyone else has this much trouble, and now that my car is out of warranty - what is the fix?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10263

Buy a more reliable car......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10266

Very helpful advice there :wink:

Our car also had that...They fixed it first time when it was in for a service. I'll ask my dad later what it was they did.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10284

Thanks Mogsyman for your valuable input. Can't wait for more usefull feedback.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10295

my 996 C2 suspension also creaks like a ship in sail, although sometimes its drowned out by the windscreen creaking noise.

i have had the windscreen repaired twice (silence for around 6 weeks, then starts again....) and will be going in again.

i'm completely unsure what to do about the other noises, i think i'll wait and see what happens....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10454

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back