Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 cab dilemmas !

Toby Armfield

Just got back from looking at a bunch of 993 cabs- i think its down to two now - a HPI cat D repaired one at 23k or a nice N plate with Turbo spoilers and a sports exhaust at 29K

The N reg is atiptronic which are fairly indestructible from what i have heard but the manual seems more fun - is the TIP enough in tip mode or is a manual a whole different ball game?

Both have 18" wheels which henry at 911virgin seemed to imply there was some debate about wheteher 18's will work on a 993. the repaired one definately seemed to bottom out a bit on bumps at speed, nothng too major but there was contact nonethless.

Is this a known problem with 18's on a 993?

Thanks for all your help in advance guys

Toby

993 Cab (Soon)

I'm leaning towards the n plate coz i just put n1 7OBY on retention from my beamer today :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10258

Toby,

Not an expert on this, but I've been told that other than the Turbo and S models, the 'geometry' (not actually sure what that is) / suspension set up etc on 993s was intended for 16 or 17" wheels, not 18s

I think what this boils down to is that 993s ride and handle better on 17s than 18s, but that (in most people's opinion) they look better on 18s...guess it depends which is more important to you...

I would have thought any dealer would be happy to swap 18s for 17s at no charge,as they are more expensive as stand alone items

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10278

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back