Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Workshop manual

Will Statt

Is it possible to get a workshop manual for a 993 ('97 varioram model ideally) CD version would do, if 'book' not available.

Any body got one?

Will

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10084

I would be interested in such a cd too.

Thanks.

JP

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10085

I have seen ads for those CDs somemhere (classified in 911& PW I think) but I'm not sure how good they are. I bought a CD for the parts before and you can hardly see the pics and the quality is very poor indeed. I haven't tried the workshop manual CDs and would like to know if any body has. I just can't bring myself to spend £300 or so for the books, I might have to eventually...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10095

So you are saying there are books available? Where from? Are they really £300 squid?

Will

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10096

Ask on Rennlist, 993 forum. A chap there offered me a scanned in version for $40.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10097

Forget $40... I have a CD, and might be able to help. Contact me offline.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10125

Have got a CD winging its way to me as we speak, courtesy of list member.... Now where's me adjustable spanner!!!???

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10159

Also, for any of you DIYers out there... in the absence of a lift, what do you generally use when working underneath the car? Axle stands? Ramps? Pile of bricks?

Will

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10160

I purchased a CD workshop manual from a person in
Miami
advertising through Ebay. I ordered two discs one workshop manual and other Porsche Pet6.03 which is the parts list.

The workshop disc had the following information on it all readable through Adobe Acrobat.

1.993DIY section which in fact is a copy of the data contained on the web site

www.p-car.com
This is a very good site that is almost exclusive to the 993 and gives quite a lot of useful information

2.993 service This again comes from another web site and
is in the form of a question and answer. I have looked at the website,
www.haphazard.com
but most of the information has been removed. This is 47 pages.

3.Porsche993
This is the manual it is 1481 pages. Appears to be a copy of the Porsche manual scanned in but as I have not seen the original I cannot be sure. The manual is in 8 volumes. Covers general details. Then works its way though all areas including wiring diagrams. The diagrams and text are clear and print out quite well in A4 format.

4.Porsche history covers 993 includes specification, vin numbers options etc and is 108 pages.

The parts disc is presently giving some problems because it requires a resolution that my computer does not support and will not run. I cannot, therefore, advise if this is any good or not.

I paid £48 pounds total for both discs and that include express post from the
USA
. Is it worth it? Well by what I believe the factory manuals cost and what you have to pay for
Bently Publication
manuals, I would say yes. But I have not yet viwed or read all 1481 pages.

Hope this is helpful.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10170

Will, I always hire a lift which makes everything a lot easier but failing that I recommend axle stands. You should never skimp when your life's on the line!

PET CD: yes, this only works at one common resolution so won't be a problem for most people. Highly recommended! It includes exploded diagrams of every part of the car including every washer, nut, bolt and with part numbers as well, making ordering replacements very easy.

p-car.com: The 993 DIY section here is fantastic. Have a look if you haven't already. This site gave me the courage to start DIYing and now there's no stopping me :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10216

Will Hi,

Wondered if you have received your workshop CD yet. Was interested to know if it was similar to the one I purchased recently from the USA. As mentioned before the manual appears to be scanned in from a Document, printed in Germany, so I presume that it is a copy of the original. Seems to be very comprehensive although presently I am only reading, I have not got the spanners out as yet.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10318

Thanks for the site p-car!

I didn't know it. The DIY section is really GREAT!

I'll start tomorrow by checking the pollen filter...

Cheers

JP

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10446

Will

Did you get my message?

ronnie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 10551

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member