Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Earth Cable

Matt Buckland

Hi to all.

New boy to the forum. I am an engineer on a private motor yacht here in southern France, great place but thin on the ground with regards to Porsche chat. You are a great find!

For your interest i recently had an odd problem with my 993 which i traced to a breakdown in the earth strap (battery neg to chassis). The car would initially fire then die with a complete dash board black out followed by a chattering of about every relay in the car. I checked the battery with a load tester and all was well and as the earth strap is braided copper (non PVC covered) i assumed that it would be ok. I made a quick replacement having checked the continuity (intermittant) and all was well.Shows you can never tell.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9592

Matt,

Cheers for posting the outcome. Always good to have cases like these in the archives for any future searches. Might save someone a few hundred pounds at a OPC.

Welcome to the forum :D

window.open=NS_ActualOpen;

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9608

Further to the earth strap.

Just picked up my new one from Porsche (i like to keep these things standard). Amazingly only 11 euros! and it is no longer braided copper but "normal" copper core with a pvc cover... maybe this is not the first one to break down

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9619

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back