Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Leccy Mirrors

Bewesy

Hi

Im very new to this forum (about 5 mins!) and was wondering if anyone can give me some advice.

Basically my mate has moved to London and left me in charge of his 1979 3.0 SC to stretch its legs every weekend...... (its a bum job but someone has to do it :) )

The only thing is i said i would tidy it up and get it looking and working spot on. But there are a few little thing that need doing (A polish for a start!) The thing that is baffling me the electric mirror switch. He removed it ages ago to get to the window mechanism and didnt make a note of where the 6 wires go on the switch - i would have thought there would be a plug connector, but no, 6 wires that will fit on any of the 6 connectors. Mmmm.

I have got the mirrors either moving up or down, or left and right, but not both. My understanding is there is only 1 motor in each mirror and a solenoid chooses which gearing to operate (either up/down or left/right)

I cant find anything on the net and I reckon i must have tried nearly every combination of wires there is (inducing a few lil sparks along the way!) and i was wondering if anyone on here could give me some advise.......

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9552

Bewesy. I'd love to help you but I haven't got a clue. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will chirp up. The sparks don't sound good though!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9567

Take it to an independent dealer I'd say...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9571

RESULT!

Were messing around last night and finally cracked it. It didnt help that the switch seems to be slightly dicky - when moving the switch down, it has to be EXACTLY straight down or the mirrors go to the right. Might be a purchase in the pipeline.....

Tell you what though, i envy everyone who drives a 911 everyday. This one maybe 24 years old but feels and drives like something else. After a bump last year, my Insurance quotes arent the best in the world so will have to wait a while.......

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9594

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back