Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

88 Carrera Alarm recommendations

Shirish Patel

Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forum; I should hopefully be getting my hands on an ''88 Carrera Clubsport this Saturday.

At the moment, it has a Porsche immobiliser fitted (early 90's, no longer approved?) together with an aftermarket, non-approved alarm. I'm looking to have both removed and replaced with a basic CAT1 system. Can anyone recommend an alarm system and fitter in the London (South) area - preferably someone who has experience of fitting alarms to 911's of this period.

I'm more concerned with the quality of the install - I dont need anything fancy, as there's no central locking, eletric windows, sunroof etc. GAP security have an informative website (www.gap-security.co.uk) and have quoted £350 for a CAT1 GT alarm.

Any suggestions would be welcome

Thanks and regards

Shirish

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9186

Shirish. I don't have any recommendations for fitting an alarm, I am afraid, but I just want to say that you are a very lucky man. What a great car!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9188

Thanks for the comments James.

I can't wait to be honest. Currently getting inspected, so fingers crossed, it should be mine on Saturday!

Insurers havent requested an alarm as such, just more for my piece of mind than anything else

Shirish

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9202

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back