Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mileage computer

Tim Roche

Minor problem with the computer on my 95 993.

All the functions work, bar I think the MPG. It has not moved from 11.5, although I notice that all the other settings zero out after each journey.

OK so I have only had it 2 weeks and am not exactly driving with frugality in mind, but I would expect it to change!

Also the display has a section missing, just a patch dropped off which is slightly irratating as the display, miles left in tank for example, does not fully show. Is this replacable or do I need a complete rev counter etc....

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8700

OK - you know the short lever on the LHS of the steering wheel that changes the display? If you pull it towards you for 3-5 seconds, the display zeros, and it will give you a reading in another few seconds -

Scarey how consumption fluctuates depending on the workload, but the good news that I would say that if your average consumption is so low over several years the previous owner must have done nothing but motorway miles!

Enjoy !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8713

Thanks for that ,

Apologies to all for jumping in before introducing myself!

Picked up the my 1995 993 C2 Tip a couple of weeks ago, its panther black - a kind of very dark grey - with classic grey interior. I have been looking for a while and visited Shirleys in Coventry - excellent dealer, lots of advice and help - Charles Ivey - helpful but a bit more pushy on the sales front, as well as Autobahn. Had a 'deep and meaningful' conversation with Henry at virgin, but we fell out over the valuation of my previous car. ( mental note to drop him a mail to say I got £8k more than he thought mine was worth...non Porsche by the way but good to see he does not know everything).

Also looked at a few private sales, but did not see anything in the condition I was after. Anyway, enough waffle - brought mine from Paragon. They were good, I drove 3 cars before settling on this one. I have found a couple of issues - cracked rear reflector and a rattle from the near side - both of which they are going to fix.

I will soon stop looking at ads to see if I paid a good price - this seems a common theme....

Interior needs a little attention - so looks like southbound will be worth paying a visit, unless a nice pair of sports seats turn up somewhere - not sure where the money will come from but do the kids really need new coats...

Its also going into JZ next week for a quick once over, I am sure that Paragon are OK, but there is no harm in checking. I will let you know the verdict.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8757

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back