Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Speed warning

Pete D

This isn't a problem as such, but anyway.....

Picked up my 996 on Saturday and every time I go over 40 it displays a speed limit exceeded warning on the OBC display. No problem I thought, I'll look in the manual when I get home. Unfortunately the manual was missing (it's on it's way now). But, I have no idea how to turn it off and the beep is drving me mad. I also checked the PCM as that can give speed warnings as well and I did think they might be connected but that's set at something like 200mph!

Please help before I completely crack up.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7527

So it's preventing you going over 40mph? Ouch.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7534

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by noony on 26 August 2003

So it's preventing you going over 40mph? Ouch.
Now if that was the problem I would be very distressed. Fortunately it's nothing more than a beep and a warning message but it's bloody annoying.

Please help..... someone?

Pete

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7535

You must have it figured by now however if not....

The alarm can be turned off on the Limit option found by pressing the BC button on the PCM. However if your car is also spec'd with the trip compter the warning alarm may also be coming from that. If this is the case use the control stalk to scroll through the the options past mpg, average speed etc to ">mph" then pull the stalk towards you untill if flashes, this should then be blank. Problem solved.

Mike

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7542

Mike

I have to say that I hadn't spotted the ">mph" option on the trip computer. I guess I didn't look hard enough; I'll look again today. Thanks for the help

Pete

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7547

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back