Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Inaudible indicators

JohnLowe

Hi All, When using the indicators but not turning the wheel sufficient to engage the automatic cancel (say if pulling off a motorway - or overtaking) sometimes leave them on as the click is almost inaudible, what with the engine and road noise, and the arrow on the dash isn't that prominent particularly if it's sunny. My son ALWAYS notices and tells me to cancel. Is there an upgrade unit with a louder click available. (Is this a general whinge or is it an age thing - perhaps I need my ears syringing - hmmm) :oops:

JohnL

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7372

Just not worth worrying about in my opinion - I have a more interesting problem that when I cancel the turning signal manually when the head lights are on it automatically switches to full beam dazzling anyone who I'm turning across - tends not to be very popular !

I seem to have an itchy bull beam switch - it also flicks on to full beam if you go over a bump - it's getting quite tedious now .....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7377

don't bother using your indicators!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7394

I catch my dad doing that regularly, a small problem which is still in todays 996s :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7395

Poon, I try not to use them ! But avoiding bumps is a bit more tricky !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7405

So pleased someone else has the same problem. Thought it was a fault with my car! The indicator sound is basically inaudible, and the lights barely visible in bright daylight, and I find they don't automatically cancel that well.... I'm always leaving them on!

1997 993

'spose I'll have to learn to live with it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7577

My indicators beep like a truck reversing =) (inside the car, not outside thank god). It was like that when I got the car, and whatever is making the beep is hidden too far up under the dash for me to get at easily and remove. I don't notice it anymore but everyone and I mean everyone who gets in the car notices it and comments straight away. Its got kinda embarrassing. Mind you, I have never left my indicator on though =).
If you wanna fly down here to AUS you can take out the beeper and keep it if like =)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7774

Hi James AUS, Interesting - could you ask your OPC for a part number when you're next in touch. Thanks

JohnL

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7775

the self cancelling bit of the indicators doesn't seem all that keen to cancel so often i've been driving along with the indicators merrily flashing away, to the amusement of other traffic.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7789

yep not a problem. They are pretty useless down here so when I get the car back from the shop I will try once again to pull it out myself. I have my doubts weather its an offical Porsche part, I have a feeling its just a little beeper from an electronics store, but when I get it out I will let you know all the same.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7835

John/Will

Someone with a 964 recently complained about this on JZ Machtechs Q&A section.

Jonas just recommended fitting a new relay, saying it would then "tick like a bomb"

Vic

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7996

Vic, Thanks for the JZ Machtec reference.

I've ordered a new relay (£10) from my OPC, pick it up tomorrow - will have a go on Saturday and let you all know the result.

JohnL

Migration info. Legacy thread was 8164

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back