Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Aircon

Justin Nott22

Aircon seems to get very noisy on my 3/96 C4. After about 30 mins begins to make a noise like two pieces of metal being rubbed together, doesn't seem to affect the performance of the aircon but is a bit disconcerting. Anyone experiencing similar? I've had the car 3 months, first 993

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7135

Could your pollen filter be loose? I had one on a BMW once that made a noise like you're describing.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7161

Do you get the same noise with the aircon off and just the blower on?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7181

Could be the compressor clutch. Have you popped the lid and identified the source of the noise?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7274

Thanks for your suggestions guys but it's not happening at the moment!! No doubt it will be back though

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7328

Good luck. FWIW, mine sighs every now and again...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7523

Occassionally mine wont go into full aircon (where the fan goes full tilt at the central vents) and needs the screen demister button pressed to get it going!

Was driving a 996 last week and the aircon actually works like it should and makes a complete mockery of the 993 attempt!!

Dunc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7525

Tested a C4S yesterday and when I turned the A/C on it was like a hurricane coming through the vents and noisy as hell - I expected the noise level to increase as you moved from setting 1 to 4 but noise level didn't change. Guess it's just a 993 "quirk"?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7526

Pixelation,

Did you have the bottom A/C button pressed? If so, that comes out at Max all the time.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7528

Tried both the buttons in and out but still the same. Didn't think it was too much to worry about - especially as the guy selling it was doing 130 on a country road at the time. Perhaps a air purifier would have been more appropriate as I think I messed my keks!!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7530

Got my first 993 on Tuesday. Is the aircon really that bad? I had assumed mine was knackered as it is only just cooler than ambient.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7919

Sounds like it might need recharging -- which suggests it might be leaking.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7922

Aircon isn't the greatest. I had mine recharged recently and it's marginally better. Some places will put an ultraviolet liquid into the mix so they can easliy trace leaks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7923

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back