Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How do you tell

Pixelation

Monza
if a 993 is a Varioram engine?? I know the 285BHP models were in the 1996 model year but as you get either an "N" or a "P" plate, I just wanted to know if I could spot the difference from looking in the engine bay.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7027

AIUI it says Varioram on the intake manifold.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7033

How to tell the model of a 993.

Before buying any Porsdcdhe its worth checking the actual model series, and reg date is not a reliable indication...cars cann be left unsold for several years.

The chassis number hold the detail. On your 993 it will read WPOZZZ99ZTS3?????

The T denotes 96 series therefore varioram, in the same fashion R for 94, S/95, T/96, no U, V for 97 etc up and down.

993 are a good bit of kit, find a nice one and enjoy.

Adrian Crawford. performance2and4.co.uk 911secrets.com

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7051

Not all of them say Varioram though - mine definately is a 285bhp model but it doesn't say Varioram on the manifold. Seen others that are the same as this - strange but apprently true!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 7078

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclassicauto
Back