Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sports v's standard suspension?

John Ward

Having yearned for a tiptronic 993 since they came out, I took the plunge and bought one on Monday. It's my first Porsche; a '95 coupe in Aventura green with light grey leather and a few nice bits like air-con, electric sunroof and seats, 18" turbo alloys, on-board computer, sports exhaust & suspension, 3rd brake-light and clear lenses. Mileage is 68k from 3 owners who've all had it main-dealer serviced. All-in-all it's kinda just what I wanted...apart from, perhaps, the firm-ish sports suspension (?). I'm sure the standard suspension set-up would be more than adequate for the demands that I'm likely to make of the car, so I would be interested to know what would be involved in softening the ride a little. I would add that even though it's still early days yet, I am finding it less harsh every time I drive the car (especially as my other transport is a Buell !).

Cheers.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5310

Hello john ward....and welcome.
................Buell ??
Qu'est-ce que c'est???
Sounds like a very nice porsche indeed. OPC could lift the suspension probably by 10-20 mm.
But do you really want to ?? Guess it depends on what a Buell is, huh?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5312

Thanks for the warm welcome, and for the complimentary comment about my car.

As you say, I'm not yet sure if I want to, but, would lifting the suspension by 10 mm make the ride slightly less firm?

Oh, and the Buell is a Harley-derived motorbike (see it on
http://www.harley-jhb.co.za/Buell-X1.htm), and I've got used to feeling the bumps on that.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5314

er.....sorry but are you sure Harley Davidsons are motorcycles? My old teacher told me once that they (HDs'), "were like motorcycles, only slower....!!"

tee-hee!!

(I'm sure its very nice really!)

Marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5316

Hi John. Yes, raising the suspension, even by 10mm, will soften the ride.

Cheers, James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5317

Thanks James, I think I'll explore this a little further. I wonder if there are any old write-ups on the pro's & cons ?

...and, Marc...my sentiments entirely; that's why I got a Buell !

Cheers chaps, I hope you all enjoy the weekend.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5318

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back