Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Plug Gap?

bones

Spa-Francorchamps
Is the correct plug gap for the recommended Bosch W4CC plugs fitted in a '78-79 911SC 30th/in (.8mm)?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5235

This has been discussed before, I have a feeling it may be W3CC. Ill check.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5241

The gap is probably the same for both but I'd like to be sure . The Porsche spec . book doesn't cover these plugs .

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5252

ha ha!
yes well I changed the plugs and gapped them correctly , strangely enough I didn't get one reply on the correct gaps from anywebsite I posted the question on . Maybe it was too easy! Piece of cake changing the plugs since Nick Moss kindly backdated the heating for me .

Migration info. Legacy thread was 6524

how did you get on retrieving the plugs from the cylider head wrench says use a short length of garden hose to fit over the spark plug heads to get them only with COLDengine though eh...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9744

It was easy just using the standard tool kit plug wrench, engine cold.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9747

plug gaps for 3.2 carrera Bosche plug WR7 DC ARE 0.7 -0.8MM/0.028- 0.32IN - ACCORDING TO BENTLEY PUBLISHERS 1984-1989 Carrera MANUAL

I found that my 3.2 Carrera had a much smoother tickover with cleaned up distributer (internal terminals) and a cleaned rotor arm terminal.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 9770

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back