Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Child Seats

LOL- maybe we just cant keep it in our pants................ :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 46413

If that Pro-Tec seat fits in a 996 will it fit in a 964?

Does anyone know of a good seat that will fit in the back of a 964 for a 1 year old?

Thanks,

Ben

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116374

Ben, the Pro-Tec won't fit the 993/964 rear seats. If the child is big enough you can try the Romer/Prince if you can find one. For smaller kid you can try Mama & Papa Sicuro but you'll need either longer seat belt or belt extension.

The trouble with 993/964 rear seat is that the base is so small and narrow, most seats won't sit properly on it, and the seat belt is far too short for anything!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116384

Mick - Hendo did a test for me with the Pro-Tec and he confirmed that it would fit a 993, but only with a seatbelt extension - hence i bought that seat.

I havent tried the seat in the 993 due to it being tucked away for winter, but im confident that Hendo would't stitch me up..............

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116420

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by BEN C4 on 11 February 2007

If that Pro-Tec seat fits in a 996 will it fit in a 964?

Does anyone know of a good seat that will fit in the back of a 964 for a 1 year old?

Thanks,

Ben
You need the Romer prince, possibly still availble from Peugot and Mercedes, is about £90.

carseat.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116433

Also have a look at the BMW range. Some of their designs fit in narrower squabs because of their seat shapes and they do a baby system similar to the one Mark refers to. I've bought a few of their booster seats for that reason as although they don't fit in the rear seats of the 911, they do fit the front and most other cars without a problem.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116439

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Fuchs on 12 February 2007

Mick - Hendo did a test for me with the Pro-Tec and he confirmed that it would fit a 993, but only with a seatbelt extension - hence i bought that seat.

I havent tried the seat in the 993 due to it being tucked away for winter, but im confident that Hendo would't stitch me up..............
Warren, I thought you'd at least put the seat in situ to make sure !!!!

I tried it in Dans 993, the seat went in ok, but the seatbelt, once round the front of the Sicuro, was struggling to get up and over without an extender, and I didnt want Dan having to answer to all, what he was doing with a toddler seat in his pride and joy!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116441

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Hendo on 12 February 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Fuchs on 12 February 2007

Warren, I thought you'd at least put the seat in situ to make sure !!!!

:oops:
car is at office car park and baby seat is at home.......

besides i've been too busy de-icing my cuckoo clock....... :wink:

I trust you totally, but if it doesnt fit, remeber i have your address........ :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116447

Just wanted to put an updated comment on 996 front facing car seats. I have both the porsche junior plus (3yrs+) and junior (9mths + the one with the lump of foam on the front) as well as an alternative all fitting in my 996 cabriolet. From OPC they cost £178 and £408 respectively. They both fit well in the back (am not putting them in the front), and they offer good support for both kids, including my 9month old. My only issue is the 9mth old is a little short so although safe he looks a little trapped. As the Britax Freeway is no longer being sold (previously recommended on many forums) I thought I would let people know i now have an "Iseos TT - Bebe Comfort" which cost £140 and fits the car so it doesnt move around and is better as a front facing seat for when the children are only just switching for the front facing chairs. Also you can use a maxi cosi rear facing seat with a base stand (in the back) although front leg room almost dissapears.

My advice is if you are going to buy from porsche, they do fit well, are good quality but should be tested with child.

The Iseos TT is a good alternative and mine was supplied and fitted by
www.olivers-baby-care.co.uk
who are a shop based in winchester hampshire J11 M3 (parking out front). They are really helpful and knowledgeable small business- ask for Joyce.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119739

ifanyones interested ive just listed my porsche prince car seat on ebaystarting at £50-00 - its done two years great service and he never pwueked on it once!

i have heard that the mamas &papas protec is ok for a 996...... any comments girls?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119947

I have the protec in my C4S - James loves it - it fits well, I know cos I tried 8 different ones one afternoon just annoy my local halfrauds. The harness fitment gives a great deal more confidence and comfort than the 'foam across the chest'

It might not fit all 993's tho, as I have just learned :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 119961

excellent bit of research on the seat issue- tooo late for me though as the little rascal thinks its his turn to drive now and needs a streight jacket to keep the ***** in the back.......let em go in mums yaris i say!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120152

Baby Car Seat to fit Porsche

Hi,

We have recently had a customer in our store who has told us that he has found it virtually impossible to find a car seat for his 996 911 Carrera. Apparantly he had even tried Porsches own car seat which was a poor fit. After trying most of the car seats we have in our shop we found one that did fit (for 9-18kg).

I was wondering if this is a common problem for 996 owners and if the Carrera's seats are the same as other 996 variants?

Regards,

Rob

Hi,

Yep is is a tad tricky finding a seat to fit a 996/993. My daughter is 18 months now and when I went searching for a seat for her, front facing, a nightmare.

The Porsche seat is not favoured by the little ones with the thick front restrain. I am not really happy with the design.

Any way as has been stated on here the Mammas & Pappas Pro Tec are the bad boys. It does still catch the upper rear part of the roof though. In as cab not a tight.

Alan

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back