Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

4S wheels

Did the Reading tour prior to speccing my latest car. There were loads of different cars, loads of different specs but nothing similar to the one I wanted to order (Slate Grey, red Boxster leather, Carbon), so I decided not to proceed down that road and went for Seal/Black instead. The highlight of the day was driving from Guildford to Reading and back in a 450bhp new Turbo. Of course, only gave it some when it had warmed up........

The Reading visit can be arranged through your local dealer/salesman.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5140

Stick with the standard rims.. those techno things don't suit the lines at all..

Carbon brakes don't give off any brake dust.. surely that's worth £6k! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5145

There have been some issues with Carbon brakes on 996TTs. Apparently they have been cracking and when Porsche has been confronted about this they say that they must have been abused. How the hell do you abuse carbon brakes on a 996TT? Surely that is exactly what they are meant for? Anyway, I understand some people are sticking with standard disks which at least are a bit cheaper to replace (cheaper being a relative term!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5148

As Mogsy said, I organised it with my man at the OPD. As a long term Porsche fan it was like a trip to Mecca. It was also an absolute pleasure for my C4S test drive to be from Park Lane to Reading and back. The salesman even bought me a sandwich at the services - how's that for customer attention!

Forget the carbon brakes - if you can't stop with the standard brakes, you shouldn't be allowed to drive.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5149

wow, this reading trip sounds pretty pukka.

were only going to consider carbon brakes if they were a no cost as said on the website configurator but at 6 grand i think we will give them a miss.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5162

Was talking to Dad, says he has done this thing when the Cayenne was officially unveiled there. The cars are up on ramps being prepared or something.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5176

It's like a Porsche theme park! OK, brief description:

We pulled up in a staff car park surrounded by so many Cayenne company cars it even surprised my man from the OPD. The building was very impressive considering it's about 30 years old - it really hasn't dated at all (much like the cars). There was a Boxster, a 911 and a Cayenne on show inside - I was told Porsche Reading used the show area as a showroom when the dealership was being modernised. We walked through the largest pre-delivery/service area I've ever seen which had so many cars up on ramps or with bonnets open I couldn't take it all in. However, the best part was outside at the back - a sea of 911s, over 100 I'd say, all brand new and waiting to be sent to their expectant owners.

It really was a worthwhile (and free) experience. Ask your OPD for a visit.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5182

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back