Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheel caps

Singh

Hi,

I have Fuchs wheels on my car and the centre cap logo is painted black. Rather than buy new coloured logo caps, I’m considering painting the logo.

Are the centre caps easy to remove? or does the wheel need to be taken off?

Pls advise

thanks

Amo

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4671

Hi,

there should be two small holes in the facings. The centres are sprung in so long nose pliers or even coathanger wire should prise them out.

If you're not careful though I think they could look more tracy emin than da vinci

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4698

Try it!! I painted the centre caps on my Cup 2's and they still look great 4 months on. Make sure you apply a few coats of clear laqeur to protect the paint. My neighbour's got a 996 cab with factory painted caps and even she said she thought mine looked better!! (the colours are brighter/stronger in comparison)

Marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4709

what paint did you use - i'm tempted now
as i suppose even if i'm no rolf harris i'll only end up with a factory set which i'd probably get in end anyway, if yu see what i mean.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4727

Just ordinary enamel paints, the ones you use for model making so makes like Humbrol or Airfix......you don't have to be Rolf Harris, just have a bit of patience. If it looks sh*t, you can always clean it all off with thinners and either forget it, or start again!!

Marc

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4753

Done it today.

Well happy!!

thanks

Amo

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4754

i've done it today too - also well happy !!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 5046

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back