Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Brake pads

Cooper

My pad wear lamp has recently came on (today). How long can I go before I have to change them (trying to drive sensibly). I realise there is no definitive time, but the reason I ask is that I am struggling to get the car to a a garage for a couple of weeks.

If it is important to change them (suspect rears at fault), is it a task which I could do myself, ie has anyone done it, was it hard. The car is a '92 C4 964.

Any comments appreciated.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4599

Should be okay for about a 1000 miles if you don't go mad. Never tried doing the job myself.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4615

Read on Rennlist that it SHOULD be reasonably easy to do. Will try, mainly because its a ***** getting anything done by a garage unless you foresee problems and book in before they happen!!

Cheers anyhoo

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4617

Isn't there an issue with needing a special tool to bleed the brakes on a 964 C4? Have a look on
www.porsche964.co.uk
. I am sure it will give advice there.

Cheers, James

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4623

Thats right. Hopefully though, I will not be nreaking into the fluid system so shouldnt need to do any bleeding anyway. I only just had my system bled through at an OPC when I had to get my booster pressure pump replaced.

Im going to do the job Friday, let you know how it went.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 4626

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevemias
Back